Volunteering with Blattman PTA and/or
in your child's classroom
5 Reasons to Volunteer!
Your child benefits. Research shows that children perform better when parents are involved at home and at school.
Your time is worth it & honored. We have flexible commitments ranging from one time, 30 minutes to a few hours or more. Every minute counts towards making Blattman a positive school environment!
Your skills and interests are needed. Is Art your passion? Do you love Family Fun events? Because of your help we are able to offer many different fun and educational events. Your ideas are always welcome.
Build a Community/Network. Volunteering at school is a great way to meet people—you have guaranteed things in common: kids in the same school and a vested interest in making Blattman a great place.
Showing Up Matters. By volunteering, you show your child the importance you place on education, and you have the opportunity to model the value of working together as part of something bigger. And what child doesn’t love seeing mom or dad at school?
How to volunteer at Blattman Elementary
ALL volunteers (new and returning) will need to complete an online Northside Independent School District volunteer application and background check. Click below for more information and link to the NISD online application process. Some volunteer activities are dependent on school fully re-opening.
BLATTMAN VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
To get involved at Blattman, fill out the online
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
• Classroom PAL - Parent Assisted Learning aid to work in the classroom as directed by the
• Copyroom PAL - Committee to coordinate work room scheduling, make copies and complete
other faculty projects.
• Benevolence/Sister School - Committee acknowledges loss and offers condolences on behalf
of the Blattman PTA and works to identify community service opportunities. Nurtures the
spirit of volunteerism through the partnership between Blattman and Villarreal Elementary.
• Hospitality - Committee coordinates PTA hospitality events, including teacher's luncheons.
• Library PAL - Parent Assisted Learning to aid librarian in shelving and categorizing books.
• Yearbook Support - Committee to assist in the production of the annual Blattman yearbook
• Fundraising – Committee to assist the PTA Fundraising Chair in various fundraising efforts
throughout the year.
Single Event Volunteering
• Bike Rodeo - Partner with the Shavano Park Police Department on this committee promoting
Blattman's bike safety event.
• Book Fair - This committee organizes the school-wide Book Fair - proceeds go to the
• Career Day – This committee coordinates a special day of career presentations for students.
• Red Ribbon Week – This committee partners with the school counselor to decorate for
week-long series on drug awareness.
• PTA Reflections - Committee works to advertise the National PTA program promoting
awareness in the Arts. Organize, log, prepare and display the children's art and literature
entries for this exciting program. Some work can be completed at home. Time line is mainly
September and October.
• Bluebonnet Luncheon - Organize reading recognition luncheon for 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.
• Field Day - Volunteers are needed to help run the stations that students will participate in.
There are morning (K-2) and afternoon (3rd - 5th) shifts. Work one or both, and no sports
experience is necessary as all games are suitable for any skill level.
• Teacher Appreciation Week - Assist the Hospitality Chair in planning a special week of "thank
yous" for our teachers.
• Bear Dash/Fun Run – Committee to help organize our annual Fun Run.
• Picture Day - Assist with getting students from classroom to cafeteria